Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

sony davs 550

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by glasgowguy34, Jul 26, 2004.

1. glasgowguy34

glasgowguy34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,can anyone tell me if they have had this prob with sony davs 550.i mistakingly put a region 1.its not multi region,so i ejected the disc ok.but when i tried to play a region 2 it wont accept any disc atall.the sound works fine when i use my tv .but dvd is nt working atall,any help?

2. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +9,548
    Moving to DVD player forum.

3. xant14

xant14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would guess there is a certain time limit, after which, whichever region DVD you are playing, the machine sets it to this. I have read something about this before. I have heard that a special remote control is the only way to reset the Sony DAV S550. i too have that model, mine is in region 2 but I would like to multi region it myself.
    I bought some SACD's from USA. and it dont play them back like the pink floyd one from Amazon.co.uk. i was wondering if that was a region thing?
    Anybody?