1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DAVS 550 problem

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by scooby do, Oct 25, 2005.

1. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Parents DAVS 550 has developed a problem where the disk inside the system will not eject. It is not that the disk is jammed as LOCKED is displayed when the eject button is pressed. The player still plays the disk and forwards etc.

Apparently it may have entered a shop mode where as any disk loaded cannot be ejected so it cannot be stolen from the player when being demo'd in a shop.

How do we get out of this mode?

Have had a google around and there is one instruction where it says hold eject & stop together but this appears not to work.

Any helpers out there

Cheers

2. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,717
    Are you pressing eject & stop on the remote or the main controls? Needs to be on the remote (I believe) with both buttons held simultaneously for around 5 seconds.

3. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,717
    Just tried on mine & you need to key on the main unit & NOT the remote. Press Stop & hold it down while pressing & holding Eject. After a couple of seconds the Lock toggles on/off from it's current state.

4. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Cheers croc, mission accomplished. My Dad spoke to a sony authorised repair centre who reckoned it was the motor! I told my Dad it was a sofware problem rather than mechanical and low & behold there you go. Bet they knew full well what the problem was, just wanted to fleece them of some money for a repair that wasn't needed. Reminds me of the service menu thread in the CRT section. Little wonder that we all feel the need to DIY. I had a sony service centre ruin my TV, for a minor fault, I went out and got the service manual, repaired the original problem and the problem that they created.

Once again many thanks