1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DAVS-500 upgrade what to?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by small_biy, Mar 17, 2005.

1. small_biy

small_biy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have a Sony DAVS-500 all in one system, which has stopped working, when i switch on the power button, the red light comes on, but i can't get it to do anything, can't find any info on this problem with the system, but it is quite old now. So what I would like to do is buy a new dvd player, but use the existing sony speakers, I don't have room for a seperate amp and dvd player :-( so just a dvd player, which can drive the speakers, what can I buy? Any ideas welcome!

2. thewul

thewul
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    you are going to struggle i`m affraid, most of the units are only sold as part of a package with speakers
    also worth a mention is the fact that the speakers you are left with are not full range so you would need and amp/dvd package with high pass filters(uncommon)
    i think the best bet is to get your unit repaired or bin the lot for a new package