Sony DAV300

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Dandaman, Jun 10, 2001.

1. Dandaman

Dandaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to get one of these and was wondering what the best price people had seen was, and where.

Must be multi-region.

Cheapest I've seen is about £470 from Richer Sounds

Any help appreciated!

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I read on another forum that it is £299 from www.bargaincrazy.co.uk !!! Its region 2, but if you go to www.upgradeheaven.co.uk , you can get it modded for £80. This is the cheapest ive found it.

Hope this helps (and if you go for it, let me know how you get on as im interested in taking this option myself).

3. Dandaman

Dandaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks rbrown

I went to their website after reading your post but they had sold out...not suprised.

Emailed them to see if they were getting more in but not holding out hope!

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem. I had just raised enough to buy it and its already gone!!! I hope they do bring more in as i will instantly buy it but i doubt it will ever happen. If you find anywhere that sells it for around the same price, let me know.

5. Dandaman

Dandaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Reply to my email said they weren't getting any more in :mad:

I have looked for hours but nowhere is less than £450, unless you goto www.loot.com and check out the s/h ones for between £250 - £350

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got an email to say that they would get more in within 21 days!!!!!
    I'm definitely getting one this time, i have emailed them to ask if it will retail at £300 again. I have also found a website that will mod it for £65, this is at www.dvdchips.co.uk . Maybe they responded to how quickly it sold!

7. Dandaman

Dandaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If that's true I'll be checking that site every few minutes until they're back :eek:

Assuming they come back at the same price that is!

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hopefully they will respond to my email soon about the price. I hope it will happen too, but i have a feeling we are going to be waiting for a while for it to return.

9. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got an email from them saying that they have no information about any new supplies of the player. :confused: They sent me an email yesterday saying that they were getting in more stock!