1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Dav-sr4w

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by adaeus, Dec 27, 2004.

1. adaeus

adaeus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my Sony DAV-SR4W. It comes in a very big box weights 40 kgr. The unpacking and installation is very easy. The speakers are what my wife likes. Not so big and stylish. The main unit has just a few connections (no dvi).
    Full features and specs here:
    http://www.sony.co.uk/ShowProduct.d...CS+Surround+Kit+&+DVD+Player&product=DAV-SR4W
    The souround speakers (rear) are wirelles, and this is what my wife likes too. But if someone walks or stands in front of them, they stop to play.
    I tested the system connected via scart (monster gold cable/scart) with my toshiba lcd display and the picture was very good. The sound is very good too. For me, it was impressive but i dont think i am the most experienced user. Anyway, i enjoy watching movies now in my sofa.
    There is also radio FM/AM receiver with very good tuning in FM stations with the included little wired antenna.
    The sound as a hi-fi unit (cd or mp3 or radio) is not outstanding but it gives a warm sound.
    I dont like that there are no bass or tremble controls or anything you can change the sound.
    The remote control is perfect and can be programmed to cooporate with the tv too for a few functions.
    Overall i think its a very good buy for 749 Euro in my country Greece.