Sony DAV SR range

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by thelord, Jan 24, 2005.

1. thelord

thelord
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased the Sony KV36 100B Tele, and its brilliant. Even the sound is really good however I want to improve it further and upgrade to a home cinema system. I really like the look of the new SR range from Sony. I have a budget of £250 and the SR1 is now just £245 from QED (£399 from John Lewis). I understand from reading all the reviews on this site that the Denon 500 system is the dogs wangers, but I cannot afford it!!

I have been searching for reviews on the SR1 and cannot find any. Does anyone know much about it?

2. Adam Min

Adam Min

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'll find you won't get much feedback on this forum on anything other than Denon systems !! :rolleyes:

I looked at the Sony system but like you couldn't get any advice on it. In the end I went for the Pioneer DCS 424 and am dead chuffed with it.

However, its all down to personal taste - I would get yourself down to a retailer and have a look and listen and if you like then buy. :)

3. thelord

thelord
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am getting that feeling. Hopefully someone out there knows about it

4. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Not true, everybody starts somewhere and most of us start/started with all in one kits and build from there.
    Its just once people start down the AV fanatical route it kinda overtakes a little and you end up - well, upgrading (for the better of course)! :)

Sony make very good all-in-one cinemas, they have masses of functions and reach a good level of performance per £££ for starter kits.

CH