1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DAV SC8: A few questions

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Samari, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Samari

Samari

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I'm new to all this Home Cinema stuff but recently I was treated to LOTR with DTS and I must say that I was amazed at how much it brought the already great film to life. So after that I thought I'd use my well saved money and invest in a Home Cinema system. The one that has caught my eye is the Sony DAV-SC8. However in Dixons it costs £700 but online at "digitaldirectuk" it costs only £230! Am I getting the same system or is this some kind of scam? Two more questions are:

1.Is the Sony DAC-SC8 Considered a high, mid or low end speaker system?
    2.Is it good at playing music CD's?

Thanks very much for the help

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    Don't waste your time with one-box solutions. Start with an entry level separates system which you can put together for about £1000. This allows you the luxury of being able to upgrade components a bit at a time.

3. Samari

Samari

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apart from the ability to upgrade are there any other advantages to getting a seperate system. I was told that when you buy a seperate system it is very difficult to get all the comonents to work well toghether wheras with a all-in-one there will not be therse problems