1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DAV-SB500W

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Kryton3000, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Kryton3000

Kryton3000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    could someone that owns a Sony DAV-SB500W tell me if it has an optical input to connect a Sky + box to it and take advantage of the surround sound.

I read a post saying the DAV-SB300 (non wireless version) didnt but somewhere on the internet it says it the DAV-SB500W does have one.

Cheers

2. Camperman

Camperman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    According to the manual on the Sony website the DAV-SB500W does not have opitcal input. It has only two audio jacks.
    :rolleyes:

3. Kryton3000

Kryton3000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How do you get the manual from the web site? Sony's web site didnt even list the product when I looked.

4. Camperman

Camperman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Try this
    http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/2108851112.pdf
    If not you have to go into support, then into FAQ,s manuals and downloads then on the right list go into user manuals and search for the model. You need to enter it as Home Audio, DVD Player and it will come up with a list the DAV-SB500W is listed there.
    :thumbsup:

5. MCCURLEY

MCCURLEY
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem finding info on the sony dav sb300.
    I can now tell you that it definately does not have an optical input.

However I can also tell you that the dav sb500w doesn't either. I checked it out in my local curry's store where they had one on display.

They told me for an optical input and wireless rear speakers I could go for the sony dav sr4 it was very similar and did have an optical input. I seen some websites that said the 500w had an optical in but the one I saw definately didn't.