• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony Dav-Sb100 DVD Firmware Question.

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
I Was wondering as someone mentioned this, if there is by any chance a firmware upgrade or any other sort of upgrade that will let me fast forward on things on an original DVD disk that currently dont let me fast forward.

The only reason why i ask is i am getting so annoyed by the ever increasing trend of not letting the player either skip or fast forward parts of the disk.

I bought Ms And Ms Smith (from abroad). and the irritating thing had over 20 minutes worth of trailers on that you could not fast forward or skip. Why do they do that. At least with VHS you could fast forward them.

So i was wondering is there a firmware upgrade to allow me to skip these parts of the disk. I am not looking to remove any copy protections or macrovision or anything i just want to remove the thing in my drive that does not let me skip or fast forward parts of a disk (pressing menu doesnt help either).

You can very easily do it with computer DVD-Rom drives, so i assume it could equally be possible with standalones too.

Thanks
Anthony

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
MJG1985 said:
Try pressing MENU or TITLE. that normally works.
Got FFWD and Chapter forward as well they sometimes work.
Nope neither works, it seems every button bar off and volume is disabled while these annoying things are playing.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom