sony dav-sa30 sound

P

peter carr

I have recently purchased the above but sound comes from the right front speaker only in many of the sound options ,when connected via sky or terrestrial stations .dvd sound output appears ok.does anyone know if the system is faulty .Sony manuals tell me nothing on this topic:( :(

andy572

Standard Member
Hmm, unfortunately, I doubt that would be listed as a feature, Peter.

If you've checked that you are using a stereo source, have the correct, working cables and all connections are present and correct, it looks like the system may be at fault :(

Just to cover all bases, have you checked settings for speaker volume in each of the modes that you've tried? I don't own either the a30 or a Sony, so hope that there's a chance of such settings being available...

Sorry I couldn't help more! Anyway, whatever your findings, good luck :)

P.S. Welcome to the forums! :clap:

jaymac

Novice Member
How are you getting your sky/terrestial sound to the A30? if dvd is ok what about CD. Also what model tv/ scart options etc., the more info the better the chance of getting an answer
good luck

P

peter carr

found the answer a couple of dodgy (wrongly wired scart to din adaptors ) where the audio was incorrectly wired.these went from sky to sony and also from video recorder to sony inputs.

andy572

Standard Member
Phew!

Glad you got it sorted. Now, er, go n' give those cables 'what for'!

Ahem, on second thought... better leave 'em alone! :laugh: