1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY DAV-SA30, really that bad???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by lettuce, Mar 13, 2005.

1. lettuce

lettuce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Have just purchased a new Sony DAV-SA30 home cinema system of ebay for £102!, which i think is a steal, as they retail for alot more??. Was in 2 minds about getting one as i have heard more than one person having problems with this model, for instance having to turn the unit completly off via the plug socket, over heating, and a increasing buzzing sound!
    Has anybody got one or knows someone who has one, and have no problems with it what so ever??, or are they really this bad?. Cant believe Sony would release a model onto the market that has so many faults!

2. thewul

thewul
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15

they are not a bad unit, but they do suffer with buzzing transformers which once replaced do not go faulty again :)

3. Johnny Chimpo

Johnny Chimpo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a Sony DAV-SA30 'All in One' system and my opinion is...mixed ;)

Audio performance on DVD playback is pretty good IMO, although I have no experience of 'proper' surround sound seperates, to compare it to.

BUT - mine has had a fault from day One where the audio from SKY, games console, VCR etc is all hissy and unacceptable wehn passed through the SA-30.
    The sound on DVD' playback on the other hand is crystal-clear...

I reckon it must be a loose connection on the backplate where the audio inputs are, as I can sometimes stop the hissing by holding the phono plugs tight against the sockets... but when I let go it starts again :(

Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers,
    J.B.