1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DAV-S880 Problems

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Rancho, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Rancho

Rancho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I am from Germany and recently purchased the DAV-S880. I really do like the system but there are some issues I have with it.

* Skipping / pauses - Everytime a DVD switches to the second data layer there is a small hickup or pause when playing the movie! (Not limited to a single movie but a selection of different DVD's, not dirty just out of the box virgin movie disks as well).

* No 4 or 5.1 channel stereo passthrough is available only the damn Pro Logic decoding stuff.

* You can't adjust treble and bass for the speakers.

Anyone with similar issues post to this thread please.

2. Geoffc10

Geoffc10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the pause you are getting is the layer change, you have to live with it. Unless you want to spend loads of money for a memory buffer in expensive players. Even then you have problems with the denon 2800,3800!.
    Is it really that bad that a film pauses?
    you could buy single layer films or superbit titles, they have no layer change

3. Rancho

Rancho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A friend of mine has the slightly older Denon DVD-3000 standalone player and has no skipping/pause issues on layer change as far as I noticed.

Maybe it's just me but I find it annoying.