1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony dav s880 owner needs help

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by skaps, Oct 31, 2004.

1. skaps

skaps
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: i own the above system, all was well, till, it will only play dvd's in black and white. the connnection lead is a svideo. but if i takeout only the svideo lead and stretch a yellow jack plug around the telly and plug it in the dvd plays in colour. already replaced the lead with a thor still the problem occurs - please help,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,has it had its day,, its been fine for two years approx

2. njiri

njiri
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like a TV setup problem. Our davs 550 did the same with s-video (black & white) until the TV setup was correct. It's been fine since. I even took the system back to superfi, only for them to tell me it was the way I'd set the telly up. BTW what is your TV?

3. skaps

skaps
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thankyou for your reply, the tv is a sony kv36fs70

4. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    simple this one. your tv either dosnt support S-video ie why its in black and white or it does and the Av input isnt set-up to take it. i know on my tv i can have S-video on Av2 but i have a AV2S channel to take S-video, other tv's will need it to be set up in menu to take s-video

edit looks like your tv does take S-video. it may need to be set up in the menu or there will be a designated scart / terminal to take it. check the manual

5. njiri

njiri
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Skaps, sorry for taking ages to reply.
    I've got a sony kv28ds60
    turn on your DVD, switch the TV to the (black & white) dvd picture, then go to the video connections section of the on-screen tv menu, and change the TV screen setting to YC2, or YC4, then ok, and Paa Baa, in glorious colour. Of course your telly might be a bit different, but it works for ours. We use s-video too.
    Hope that helps.