Sony DAV-S800

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Dandaman, Sep 9, 2001.

1. Dandaman

Dandaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know if an official release date for the UK has been set yet?

Also, anyone know of places to pre-order? I know you can preorder at the Sony Centre for £799, but Techtronics are about £100 cheaper.

2. Craig_Nike

Craig_Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is the DAV 800 a all in one system or just a grouping of like Sony components to make up a full system ?<br />There is a DAV L8000 on the US website which is seperate components. Also there is a DAV 700 which is 5 disk and SACD - but I have not seen DAV 800 ?

3. ScottGreatorex

ScottGreatorex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its out now. its an all in one system but for £800 you can get better seperately, much better but it does have multi channel SACD with sounds quite nice. it is only 50 watts a channel

you local sony centre should have it we do

cheers<br />scott

4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't touch any of the DAV range.

None of them have scart sockets or component out. Therefore no auto-widescreen switching (handled via scart pin 8) and no RGB signal.

5. quango

quango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    buy any 32inch sony from JL and they'll knock £150 off the price of a DAVS800! hold on, it gets better! price match it first (from the www) and they'll still knock £150 off. i got mine for £484! sorted.

6. quango

quango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    true. i'd expect a lot more functions and features for £800. but then, i didnt pay that.....