1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DAV-S800 Is it worth repairing?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Martin Sutho, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Martin Sutho

Martin Sutho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just discovered that my S800 is very hit and miss when it comes to playing music CDs. Some give 'No Disc', others will only play the first few tracks and others have moments of quiet whilst playing. DVDs seem to play OK. I also have problems with the front left speaker output which seems to play general noise (but not all the time). On one occasion I disconnected the front right speaker and then the front left speaker worked perfectly! When using the radio output, I find crackles coming from the front left speaker again as if someone is playing with the wires. Finally some audio CDs suddenly lose the depth of sound as if some part of the frequency is missing altogether.

It sounds like a whole new motherboard to me. What do you think. This has really lowered my view of Sony equipment since this is certainly not the cheapest product and has hardly been used (2.5 years old).

2. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I would just replace it myself. I too have formed the same opinion of Sony after having two kits from them, I have moved on to the Denon 500 now and am well impressed.