Sony DAV S800 drawer wont open 'LOCKED'

babybean

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, Please can anyone offer advice on how to fix my Sony DAV S800? I am not sure how it happened but one day I went to open the dvd drawer and it wouldn't open and 'LOCKED' flashed up on the screen. I would be grateful for any advice or tips on how to resolve this problem!

Many thanks

check your manual, it might be a child lock you have enabled.
try pressing "Display" "Stop" and "Prev" at the same time, if that doesnt work, try "Display" and "Prev" at the same time.

Hi Rottenfox, thank you for taking the time to reply to me. I have scoured the manual and can't find a child lock. I tried what you said but unfortunately this didn't work either, I am at a loss really, I can't understand howit happened! It is so frustrating! I don't suppose you know if there is such a thing as a SONY helpline that I could call for advice?
Many thanks again,
Babybean

Hi :hiya:
Re: Child lock
It comes under Parental controls in Manual Pages 53/54
Somehow it must have been set to ON hence the Locked in Display
It tells you to set it to OFF but if someones been messing about with the password side it tells to use a 6 digit fix to regain access
Let us know how you get on
BigCam

Hi BigCam, thaks for the post. I saw that section in the manual but that is something different. You use those parental controls for the player to recognise a dvd and prompts a password on screen before it will play. I have checked just incase just now but all parental controls are turned of. So so strange, I just don't get it!
Babybean

Thanks BigCam, I will certainly do that,

Best wishes x

Hi :hiya:
A possible fix for the LOCKED displaying
With the unit on Standby press and hold the STOP button on the unit not the remote until hopefully UNLOCKED appears on Display
Cheers
BigCam

Hi BigCam, I just tried what you said and although the screen didn't flash up with 'UNLOCKED' after pressing the stop button in standby mode I tried to open the disc drawer and it worked!
I really can't thank you enough, I thought it may have been an expensive repair job for a bit...

Once again, thank you so much!

Baybean x x x

Hi BabyBean :hiya:
Good to hear, we got there in the end :smashin:
Glad to have been of help
Cheers
BigCam

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom