Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sony DAV-S550 - PS2 Sound Problems

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by scotia, Sep 26, 2002.

1. scotia

scotia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would appreciate some advice on the following problem:

I have connected my PS2 to the DAV-S550 via an optical cable to enable me to play R1 discs on my non NTSC compatible TV. Should it automatically decode the discs to 5.1 or DTS or will it only handle discs put directly into the DAV-S550.

When I play the R1 DVD's through the DAV-S550 the sound comes out of the speakers but Dolby Pro-Logic is displayed on the DAV-S550. Whilst the sound is certainly of a better quality than the TV speakers, it doesn't quite match 5.1 or DTS.

:confused:

2. bobble

bobble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have PS2 and DAVS550 but unfortunately no optical cable, not sure if the optical in on the DAV can decode to DD or DTS.

I suggest you set the DAV to AUTO DECODE and that the optical port on the PS2 is enabled at start up. Also I seem to recall in the PS2 DVD menu there is an option to enable Dolby Digital and DTS support.