Sony DAV S500 speaker cable compatability

M

marti66

Hi all, first post so please be gentle, I have searched for an answer to this but to no avail!

I have just upgraded my old CRT (about time) to a full HD flat screen and now want to upgrade my Sony DAV s500 to something that will give me upscaling to 1080p. Can anyone recommend a system (all in one or seperates) that will allow me to re-use the existing speaker cable (std sony), or can I change the connections? Or do I have to go back to trailing cables, as currently they are all under floor.

Have Sony kept a standard connection or are they different on each model?

Thanks in advance

Owen824

Novice Member
Apart from sonys connectors which go into amp, the cable is still just basic speaker wire. Just clip the plastic couplings off and reuse the cable or buy new cable and tie to one end off sony cable and pull through.

M

marti66

Apart from sonys connectors which go into amp, the cable is still just basic speaker wire. Just clip the plastic couplings off and reuse the cable or buy new cable and tie to one end off sony cable and pull through.
:thumbsup: I was hoping that would be the answer. Now I guess I need to decide what to buy. I am considering a Sony DAV-IS10, to go with my Samsung LE40F86BD, Sky HD. Also considered an Arcam DV135, could I use existing speakers with this option, or invest in new?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom