1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DAV-S400

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by pedropeps, Jul 1, 2002.

1. pedropeps

pedropeps

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have one problem. I don´t know if this home cinema kit is good.
    Any sugestions?
    The general opinion is that all home cinema kits are noy very good. Its true?
    Anyone knows about reviews of this kit and sony DVP NS700v?

Thanks

Pedro Soares

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is true that the general opinion on this board is that some of them are not very good.

There are some perfectly good models out there for people who have eliminated separates, either on space or cost grounds.

The DAV is not good though. It suffers the same problems it's sister models have. No scart, no RGB, no R1 widescreen switching, only 2 analogue inputs (sky, tv and vcr =3 for example). Only one optical input and no digital co-ax input.

I haven't heard the 400 yet although if its like the 300 or the 500 then don't expect much.

3. Kain

Kain
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well, to tell you the truth, I never did consider these "all-in-one" home theater packages as "home theaters." Sure, they have 5.1 sound, but the sound quality just isn't up to par. Unless you have a lower budget, I would strongly consider higher performance speakers, ie. Klipsch, and separate A/V receiver, DVD player, etc. That way, in the future you can upgrade a certain part of your home theater, ie. DVD player, A/V receiver, etc., rather than having to change the whole set.

4. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    If you absolutely have to go for a DAV type unit then maybe consider Philips' offering instead - the LX3000. Approx. £100 cheaper, sounds a hell of a lot better (IMHO) and also has RGB Scart Output. Admittedly not the prettiest looking unit in the world but it does the job and thats what your after at the end of the day... ;)

As people have already told you though - if you have the budget and the space available seperates will be a better option for all round picture/sound quality.

Just my tuppence worth...

Kelvin :D

5. stephaniejayne

stephaniejayne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a problem with my sony system, can any one help. The dvd player is perm on headphone theatre, hp (2ch), my soundfield will not change to any thing else. Is this broken??

6. ash

ash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +383
    The DAV700FW is great :)
    It has co-axial and optical in :)

7. himdman

himdman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Resolder the connector on the amplifierboard wich contains the kabel to the headphone board.
    While your'e at it also resolder the big coils and the power capacitor.

Succes