Sony DAV-S300

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by sparkylogan, Oct 27, 2000.

1. sparkylogan

sparkylogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking on getting one of these units and would like to hear from anyone who already has one. Any comments would be appreciated!

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got one for the old man....he's very happy with it but after I got it for him, he decided he had a need to play videCD's in it (which it won't do!) so I think he now has his eye on the new Pioneer combo unit.

Cheers,

Tom...

3. D J Fryer

D J Fryer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I have listened to all three out there - the Sony, Panasonic and Pioneer NS-DV55. I bought the Pioneer because of the following

It sounds better
    It looks better
    It is better equipped (DTS DD RDS Tuner, CD, VCD, CD-R, CD-RW)
    Picture quality is good - I would say that on a par with a Pioneer £275-300 separate player
    It is well built (the Panny is terrible)
    It plays music better than the others (on CD)

A few reasons - obviously it is a few bob more expensive than the others but I picked mine up - fully modded - at www.leconcepts.com for £609.99 incl. delivery. This is much cheaper than the TSP of £750 with just R2.

Let your ears/eyes decide though - by the way I didn't look at the others in great detail but you need a Physics degree to work out the remote on the Pioneer - I did -A-level so I am halfway there [​IMG] !!