1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY DAV-S300 - broken audio

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by zum, Nov 21, 2004.

1. zum

zum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone had any experience with a loss of sound on a SONY DAV-S300
    works fine just no SOUND!!! :(

2. farmboy

farmboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes seriously, i've seen a bunch people with this issue around on the web mainly since the beginning of '04. yet no one knows the answer. i seemed to have fixed mine temporarily (about 3 months) by playing around with that protect card. it's broken again. i've also seen these cards around for several hundred dollars (not appealing).

do anyone know what the problem really is and how to fix it?
    any a/v service guys out there?

3. zum

zum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    further to my last post here is the real/full story...

:smashin: about 3 years ago I added a SONY DAV-S300 to my list of shiney things

:clap: was fine for 8 months and a I was proud as punch

:( then the sound died...

:) I took it back to the Sony Store I purchased it from and they promised it would be back insidea fortnight.

:rolleyes: 1 month passed with my enquirying phone call falling on deaf ears, I began to pine for my missing shiney thing

:eek: I did the online thing and to my horror found a multitude of other folks with same problem...

:( after numerous calls and trips to the Sony store demanding answers 2 day short of 3 months my SONY DAV-S300 was returned

:thumbsdow I received a one month guarantee on repair, incidentially exactly what was left on manufacturers warranty

:mad: 2months later the sound died again!

:mad: :mad: :mad: As it was "outside of warranty" the regional manager of Sony basically told me to pray for it because their was nothing they could do!!! (trust me I wrote them many a letter)

so summary:
    £550
    8 months working
    3 months repair
    2 working
    ====
    10 months usable
    £55/month for privilege of owning a SONY DAV-S300 !

Nice one Sony!!!

so that was my rant...
    since then it has sat in the cupboard waiting for the day that my memory fades enough for me to toss it in the rubbish

if anyone out there has any bright ideas on how to repair this "common problem" I would appreciate hearing from you

WARNING
    When paying extra for a "Named" product, look at your warrantee and ask yourself would I be happy to write this expediture off at the end of the warrantee?