1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DAV-LF1: To buy or not to buy?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by TJF, Apr 20, 2005.

Tags:
  1. TJF

TJF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've been very interested in getting the Sony DAV-LF1 amp + speaker (inc 2 wireless rear speakers) / subwoofer combo.

Does anyone have any experience with it?

Would it be a good choice to make? Also, does anyone know when it was released? I don't want to buy it if it's going to be superceded in a few months' time.

Thanks!

2. onkeldunkel

onkeldunkel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I have had the DAV-LF1 since mid december 2004 and that was when it came out in Denmark. I bought it primarily because of the design and the wireless rear speakers. Overall I'm really satisfied with - here's a quick list of pro's/cons's:

Pros:

- Design
    - Really nice finish with lots of aluminum
    - Ability to wall mount all speakers and head unit
    - Wireless rear speakers
    - Surround performance
    - Night mode for surround (usefull when you have kids :) )
    - Super Audio CD compatible (Norah Jones sounds really good :thumbsup: )
    - All connections are made in the subwoofer/amplifier and only one cords going into the main unit

Cons:
    - Lack a possibilities to adjust e.g. bass and treble
    - I'm not impressed with the sound quality and bass when listening to more 'upbeat'/modern music
    - The wire for connecting the headunit with the subwoofer/amplifier is fairly short

As you can see there are more pro's than con's and I can fully recommend buyiny the DAV-LF1.

There's also a test at: http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=5515

Best regards,
    -Jacob