• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony DAV-IS10 - Connections

UKGDJ

Standard Member
Hi,

I have just taken delivery of this system, quite happy so far, however, not sure what connections I need to get all of my kit connected, all I want is to connect my PS3 up which sit's next to it and the TV.

Basically I have a TV with ONE HDMI socket, at the moment I run HDMI from PS3 to TV, job done. I also bought a digital optical cable to go from the PS3 to the DAV-IS10 but I dont think this is enough, is it? I have at current borrowed the HDMI cable to go from the DAV-IS10 to the TV, but ideally I want to play things from the PS3 (Blue Ray) via the DAV-IS10...can this be done?

A little confused, any advice welcomed!

kentish_lad

Established Member
Hi,

I have just taken delivery of this system, quite happy so far, however, not sure what connections I need to get all of my kit connected, all I want is to connect my PS3 up which sit's next to it and the TV.

Basically I have a TV with ONE HDMI socket, at the moment I run HDMI from PS3 to TV, job done. I also bought a digital optical cable to go from the PS3 to the DAV-IS10 but I dont think this is enough, is it? I have at current borrowed the HDMI cable to go from the DAV-IS10 to the TV, but ideally I want to play things from the PS3 (Blue Ray) via the DAV-IS10...can this be done?

A little confused, any advice welcomed!

If your TV has only 1 HDMI you could buy a switcher so you connect both the ps3's and sonys HDMI out to 1 input on TV

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/99822...ers-Distribution/Labgear-HDMI-Selector-5-Way#

cabutler5

Standard Member
Hi, I see you have purchased a IS10 sysytem.
I am after one of these units too! can you let me know how long the cable that goes between the DVD and SUB unit is?
I can't find any info on it anywhere. Thanks

UKGDJ

Standard Member
Hi, I see you have purchased a IS10 sysytem.
I am after one of these units too! can you let me know how long the cable that goes between the DVD and SUB unit is?
I can't find any info on it anywhere. Thanks

Hi, about a meter or so?

YellowSphere

Prominent Member
All you need to get surround sound from the PS3 is the optical cable. If you want to run Sky+ optical also you'll need to get a 2 into 1 optical adapter of some sort.

You needn't do anything at all with the IS10's HDMI connection

gjp

Established Member

kentish_lad

Established Member
All you need to get surround sound from the PS3 is the optical cable. If you want to run Sky+ optical also you'll need to get a 2 into 1 optical adapter of some sort.

You needn't do anything at all with the IS10's HDMI connection

The original question was that he had only 1 HMDI but 2 sources

UKGDJ

Standard Member
Thanks for all the replies, so I just need the optical connection? I have that already in place from the PS3 to the Sony. But what setting do I need the Sony on to pick up the PS3? I.e TV / DVD etc...Can't seem to suss it out?

Will save me a switcher and HDMI lead if i dont really need it!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

kentish_lad

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies, so I just need the optical connection? I have that already in place from the PS3 to the Sony. But what setting do I need the Sony on to pick up the PS3? I.e TV / DVD etc...Can't seem to suss it out?

Will save me a switcher and HDMI lead if i dont really need it!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

So how is the sony amp connected to TV? if you are using the TV's only HDMI for the ps3

UKGDJ

Standard Member
So how is the sony amp connected to TV? if you are using the TV's only HDMI for the ps3

Yea, that's my problem, currently i'm swapping the two as I cant get the Sony conected by the phono type leads either...So basically I DO need another HDMI port...

L3g3nd

Established Member
My setup is Sony 40w3000 ,Sky hd and Sony Davis10,if anyone else has this setup ,could you tell me if you can get the function which is supposed to turn the tv sound on and off auto ,think Sony called it theatre synch.Icannot get this to work both sky and is10 are connected via hdmi and Sky is linked via optical cable as per instructions ,hope this is fairly clear,thanks.:)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom