SONY DAV-IS10 and PS3

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by xyDom, Sep 11, 2007.

1. xyDom

xyDom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are the two compatible? How would the PS3 connect to the DAV-IS10 (i.e. via HDMI etc)?.

2. Jonstone

Jonstone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +544
    http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProd...egory=HCS+Surround+Kit+%26+DVD+Player#tab

According to this it only seems to have an hdmi out so you would have to connect the ps3 via optical as it has one optical input, you wouldn't get the 7.1 hd sound off blu rays this way but as it is only a 5.1 system that should be of no concern I guess

It looks quite cool though, I wonder how long before they bring out a blu ray equivalent

3. xyDom

xyDom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like there's a coax input on the IS10, coupled with the coax output on the PS3 would that be better than optical?

And yeah, the IS10 is very cool - check out the size of those satellite speakers + I think it was What HiFi which gave it 5 stars this month.

4. Larry7010

Larry7010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your HD TV has Optical Out, recommend you connect PS3 via HDMI to HDTV, then take 5.1 Optical Out to DAV-IS10. This way, you get 5.1 audio to your DAV-IS10. As an added benefit, if you connect SAT/CAB via HDMI to your HD TV, then what ever video source you've selected is sending 5.1 audio to DAV-IS10 Optical input. Best configuration, I've found.

Now, my only problem with the DAV-IS10 is trying to understand why I have to turn audio level up to 60-70 just to hear it in average 12X12 room. I tried to run auto calibrate, it auto set db levels for all speakers to betwee 0db and +1db, which was not enough amplifiation. So I manually set all six speakers to the maximum amplification of +6db, well it got louder, but still I have to raise audio level to 50-60 just to hear it.

I read in some review that the physical constuction of super small speakers means the mid range frequancies come from the woofer box vice the small speakers, which means voice/speach audio - mid range freqs - come from woofer... that's different then most 5.1 speaker systems.

Any knows for sure that having to it to +50 audio level is way it's designed by SONY, please let me know. Larry

5. mutu

mutu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

I have just bought a sony dav-is10 , i could do with knowing if the sub can be laid flat ? And is hdmi the best ?

Cheers:)