SONY DAV-DZ660 vs SAMSUNG HT-TZ315

shyamt

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I need to order a home cinema system for my playroom/gym and was hoping for some advice on which of the SONY DAV-DZ660 and SAMSUNG HT-TZ315 is better?

I was actually planning on getting the Samsung, but just noticed a couple of people saying on the forum saying that Samsung's often don't last long, and that really worried me - I really need something that will last me a few years!

In case it makes a different, it would need to be connected up to a Panasonic 42PX80B, Sky + (for which I want 5.1 sound), and a Nintendo Wii.

So, I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me which of the two would be better, and why?

Thanks very much

PS: I can get the Samsung for £225 and the Sony for £262!

The Sony, much better
But why?

Actually, the deciding factor may lie on whether I can play video files through the USB on the Sony.. AS the Samsung manual confirms it can, but Sony just says music and images, but not sure if that is true...

Any ideas on that?

Thanks

Last edited:
yeh,the sony is music and jpegs through usb,but i would still buy that over the samsung..

higher quality,better sound,reliability...
samsung throw a lot of features into their kit, but IMO, its all cheaply made tat, with low quality control, poor reliability, and problems straight out of the box.(i dont think ive seen one tv,or surround system from them,that didnt need multiple firmwares out of the box to make them work correctly,and correct problems,which still carry on, and require more updates.)

samsung throw a lot of features into their kit, but IMO, its all cheaply made tat, with low quality control, poor reliability, and problems straight out of the box.(i dont think ive seen one tv,or surround system from them,that didnt need multiple firmwares out of the box to make them work correctly,and correct problems,which still carry on, and require more updates.)
Are you sure that is an issue with this paricular model though? There are no firmware updates at all on the website for it!

:lesson: well thats new to me cause I have never had to update any firmware when I bought my Samsung 37" R88BDX LCD tv and that was over a year ago ...and right out of the box I have had no faults whatsoever either :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom