Sony DAV-DZ630 LOCKED - Please Help :|

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by dirty8, Sep 18, 2007.

1. dirty8

dirty8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello,

I've just tried to region hack my Sony DAV-DZ630. Got into service mode, pointed the remote I got from Multiregion Upgrades at the player, pressed the yellow button, reboot and drive is now locked and I can't work out how to open it. When I press eject, the word LOCKED is displayed on the screen and on the units display.

I've checked all the service menu settings and can't see anything.

Any ideas.... :lease:

2. dirty8

dirty8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Oh panic over. Multi Region man must have been bored and answered my mail and told me what to do.

He said it was the child lock, although the child lock settings were off. In my manual it says if LOCKED is displayed, contact Sony.

Holding eject & stop for more than 5 seconds reset the machine and unlocked the drive.

I can't praise multiregionupgrades.com enough as they sorted me out very quickly when I thought I'd bricked my player :thumbsup:

Maybe Sony could add the eject & stop bit to the manual.

3. Chawton

Chawton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Exactly the same thing happened to me with a multiregionupgrade handset.

They have not got back to me yet (only locked it 1 hour ago on Friday afternoon !), but the unlock procedure in this thread worked for me cheers.

4. Justin@UH

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94

Its cause by pressing similar keys to the service mode keys on the unit, and activates the child lock / dealer lock mode for when theres a disc in the machine you don`t want to remove.

For some reason its not in the user manuals under troubleshooting anymore, so for future reference, you just use STOP and EJECT held for 5 seconds. This works on any Sony DVD player or system that gives the "locked" message.

5. maffs

maffs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Just bought a dz230 and was wondering how you got into the 'service mode' to enable multiregion?

Did you use a hacked remote or is there another way? Any advice would be useful

Thanks,

6. dirty8

dirty8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Like I said, I had to use a all-in-one remote, pre-programmed with the codes.

Got it from here. www.multiregionupgrades.com

They were very helpful :thumbsup:

7. stuyates

stuyates
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I'm almost ready to follow suit and buy one of those remote jobbies form www.multiregionupgrades.com to unlock my Sony DAV-DZ410, but before I do...

It's been a few months since the last post so was wondering whether anybody had come up with any new solutions?

A download so could use my infra-red laptop to 'zap' my dvd player to multi-region would be sweeeeeeeet!!

All help appreciated.

Stuart