Sony DAV-DZ630 help needed please with getting Sound from TV.

K

karlpalmer187

Hi i recently bought the Sony DAV-DZ630 and hooked it up to my Sony Bravia 40W2000 tv with a QED HDMI cable, it all works fine with the dvd, cd's and tuner, but i cannot get any sound or picture from just the TV running though the home cinema system unless i also plug in a scart lead. i wondered if anyone else had this problem and was there a way of getting around this. Any help please thanks alot.

Hello,

I have just bought the Sony 40W2000 and DAV-DZ630 and hit the same problem as you. Have you solved it yet, and if so, what did you do?

Many thanks...

Hi i recently bought the Sony DAV-DZ630 and hooked it up to my Sony Bravia 40W2000 tv with a QED HDMI cable, it all works fine with the dvd, cd's and tuner, but i cannot get any sound or picture from just the TV running though the home cinema system unless i also plug in a scart lead. i wondered if anyone else had this problem and was there a way of getting around this. Any help please thanks alot.

Hello,

I have a similar combination: DAV DZ630 & KDL 40U2000. And I have the same problem: with only HDMI connection I don't get the TV sound through DZ630's speakers. When buying the DZ630 I hoped that that the BRAVIA/HDMI control thing would be enough to do this, as suggested on the manual. I don't want to buy a SCART as there is enough cable pollution behind my TV stand :). Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

B.

HDMI is out only from the 630, to get the TV's sound through the amp you need to connect phonos(red/white) from Tv to amp, to listen to Tv sound press the function button on remote

Thanks. That works, but I got the sound through the LINE not TV (as expected). I was really hoping (after reading the HDMI control guide) that my BRAVIA (somehow magically) could give the TV sound to the 630 :confused: through HDMI. Apparently not. In any case, thanks for the tip.

B.

HDMI is out only from the 630, to get the TV's sound through the amp you need to connect phonos(red/white) from Tv to amp, to listen to Tv sound press the function button on remote

I've just bought this to run with my Panny Viera. I was told that all I needed was the HDMI cable between the Dav630 and TV - as the HDMI carries both vision and sound.

All I get is a blue screen when using the function button to get TV or Line on the display.

Why do you need to connect the phonos :suicide:. And then do you need to turn down the TV volume for the 630 to take over?

The manual is pants and does not explain things well. and after 5 hrs wiring everything up its lucky the patio door wasn't open as that was where it was heading!

I've just bought this to run with my Panny Viera. I was told that all I needed was the HDMI cable between the Dav630 and TV - as the HDMI carries both vision and sound.

All I get is a blue screen when using the function button to get TV or Line on the display.

Why do you need to connect the phonos :suicide:. And then do you need to turn down the TV volume for the 630 to take over?

The manual is pants and does not explain things well. and after 5 hrs wiring everything up its lucky the patio door wasn't open as that was where it was heading!

Firstly HDMI is OUT only from the 630, so the only way to get sound from your TV to the 630 is via phonos (red/white)

I've now managed to get the sound up and running with the TV but I take it if I want to give primacy to the theatre system I have to keep it on and turn down the TV audio?

Also is there no way to adjust the treble/bass and individual speaker levels?

I've now managed to get the sound up and running with the TV but I take it if I want to give primacy to the theatre system I have to keep it on and turn down the TV audio?

Also is there no way to adjust the treble/bass and individual speaker levels?

see page 81 and 82 in the manual for levels

see page 81 and 82 in the manual for levels

Thanks mate - I think I understand that part of the manual noe -I used the mic that came with the set and its not far off.

But I take it you cannot set bass/treble/woofer tolerances?

Thanks mate - I think I understand that part of the manual noe -I used the mic that came with the set and its not far off.

But I take it you cannot set bass/treble/woofer tolerances?

Just got a BASS BOOST on the remote

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom