SONY DAV-DZ260 Speakers Faulty - Help Req'd

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by kgrant, Feb 10, 2009.

1. kgrant

kgrant
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all again.

I bought my SONY DAV260 Sound System at my local PC World as apart of a TV & Surround Sound System package in November last year (TV went to mother-in-law). The DAV260 System and speakers are connected to my SKY+ Box only (not direct to SONY Bravia TV) and the system is connected to my SKY+ box by digital optical cable.

:smashin:

For the first 2 months sound through all speakers watching SKY+ was okay but recently all of the four small speakers have been producing a sound of what sounds like 'the tv sound output is under water'?! This does sound silly but I was wondering if anyone else has had this probelm and more importantly - does anyone know how can I fix it?

:thumbsdow

2. kgrant

kgrant
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone help?

:confused:

3. Dankeech

Dankeech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    You may have enabled a 'Pro-Logic' sound mode which cheaper systems don't seem to do well. Check out anything your manual has to say about 'surround modes' and sound modes.

To me it sounds like you have some pro-logic decoding going on.

There may be a 'factory reset' process explained in your manual under troubleshooting, you could use this and a good chance will fix the fault.

Dan.

4. Hakagure

Hakagure
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +148
    Pretty certain your speakers are not faulty mate, Dankeech has got it spot on.

I have a 260 and sometimes get the same effect with some freeview channels through my HDD Recorder when I have a Dolby effect selected. I usually set the sound output to AFT STD or AFT MULTI for watching TV and have found that to be much clearer.

I have just done a test on BBC1 and got the effect on Doby Pro Logic but clear on AFT STD and MULTI.

EDIT .. I don't have SKY myself and apologise if this is stating the obvious but have you double checked the sound settings on the box as well just to be sure ??

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009