Sony DAV-DZ260 speaker stands

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by sanguinious, Feb 5, 2009.

1. sanguinious

sanguinious
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I'm looking to get this system for my PS3 but as I am in a rented flat I am unable to wall mount speakers so would need to have them free standing.

I am on a limited budget so don't want to be going over £200.

I have found the system for £119.95, if they have stock, but need some stands to go with it.

Has anyone got this system and bought stands to go with it? If so what did you go for?

Also is it best to go for two lots of stands, for the front and back speakers, or will it not make much difference if they are at different heights?

Thanks in advance,
    Angus.

2. Hakagure

Hakagure
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +148
    Hi Angus,

I have the 260 and went for these stands .. Buy Set of 4 Glass Base Home Cinema Speaker Stands. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

Four for 30 quid and they do the job, hides the cabling well and they are fully adjustable as well although I have mine at the same height. The glass base goes with any decor as well. I will try to post a photo up for you so you can see for yourself. One thing though, you will have to buy replacement screws for fixing the speakers to the top of the brackets as the ones supplied are smooth headed and too long which means the speakers droop. Cost me a quid for a replacement bag.

3. Pontiac

Pontiac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I had a similar problem, but not because its rented but I just dont do any form of DIY. So i velcroed them to the wall. Bodge job, but they stick a treat!

4. sanguinious

sanguinious
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    They look good, did you just go to a DIY store to get the replacement screws, I guess they are a standard size?

A picture would be much appreciated, if not too much hassle.

On a side note, I will be using the optical in for my PS3, and I was going to plug my TV in using the scart, as it only has phono out. I read that this will work, but although it won't give 5.1, as its only a stereo source, will it mirror the audio on the rear speakers too?

Thanks again,
    Angus.

5. luke90

luke90

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I also have these speaker stands. I had a problem fixing the speakers to them though as the screw hole on the dav speakers is lower than the lowest part on the speaker stands?
    So do you have a gap between the speaker bottom and the bottom of the speaker mount part on the stand?

At the moment i just use double sided tape to fix them to the stands.

6. Hakagure

Hakagure
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +148
    Yeah I have the gap on mine, the replacement screws hold them firm though. I just took one of the supplied ones along to my local DIY shop and the resident expert there showed me the size I needed, just make sure the length is a bit shorter. Those flat headed ones that are supplied are too long and useless.

7. Hakagure

Hakagure
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +148
    Trying to get a pic up for you now.

I don't have a PS3 anymore and my boxes are all linked with HDMI so to be honest I am not sure about the audio on that set up. Bound to be someone else here that can answer that one for you.