Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello

My systems is:

Home Cinema: Sony DAV-DZ260
TV: Sony KDL37V5500
Gaming: PS 3 40 gb
and a digital tv receiver

Now how is the best way to connect all these for top performance and getting surround sound on everything. which cables do i need and so on? please help me, I can't wait to get it working, I have a soccer game I have to watch tomorrow...

Isn't there someone out there who would like to help me?

connect the ps3 with whatever video lead you use, directly to the tv.
then connect the ps3 to the 260 with an optical audio lead.

you dont say what the digital box is, so it'll either be optical or analogue phonos, optical you will need an optical switch for 2 or more optical leads into the 260's single optical in.

Can't I just connect a coax cable from the TV to the 260 and then have surround on my digital tv signal?

i doubt the tv has coax audio out, and even if you did connect the tv to the 260, it will only be stereo.
what digital tv receiver is it?

I think it is a Dolby

KMM3010DK does it help?

I can't seem to find a manufactor.

But is have 2 scart, 1 coax, 1 optical, and the typical red, white, yellow and a S-video, and USB

tv audio would be stereo, the audio from the digital set top box may be 5.1 dependant on what channels you get(if its a satellite box or free to air channels).
as its not a uk model, and i dont know what you watch or subscribe to, i couldnt really say, but i would try the optical route first.

What about my PS 3?

A drawing would be helpful? just form paint or something? if it isn't to much to ask for

yeah, its too much to ask..:rotfl:

you need an optical switch like this one:
http://www.kenable.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=23_48_63&products_id=1013

and 3 of these, 1 for ps3, 1 for digital box, and 1 for switch to surround connection.
TOS Link TOSLink Optical Digital Audio Cable 4mm Lead 1m [ PSG02856 ] - kenable for HDMI Optical TOS Network Ethernet RJ45 Scart Audio Phono Jack USB Firewire 800 ADSL Cable Leads

the above is for reference only, as you dont live in the uk, so could source them elsewhere.
this will allow you to connect both, and swap between them easily.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom