1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DAV-DZ100 Help needed?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by BrizoH, Sep 7, 2005.

1. BrizoH

BrizoH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I have a Sony DAV-DZ100, connected to a Samsung LE32R41B screen. I'd also like to connect a Sky digital box, and a PS2 and have the sound coming out of all speakers.

Is this possible? There are no audio connections on the DAV, only 1 scart, and the speaker sockets.

At the moment I can get surround sound only through DVDs

Can anyone advise, and include details of how you would cable these together if possible?

Thanks

P.S I also posted in this thread http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241875

Can this thread be locked or removed, as I think this forum is more relevant.

2. BrizoH

BrizoH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone???

3. Justin@UH

Justin@UH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    These systems at this price are only designed to give you surround sound from the internal DVD player. Even on more expensive models, you won`t get the flexability you need (unless you spend best part of a grand, then you might have well bought separates!) :(

To do what you need, you really needed to choose a AV amp / AV receiver and speakers, etc to be able to connect all your equipment.

4. Searcher73

Searcher73
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes it can be done, I’m by no means an expert on technology and probably clueless in comparison to some of the members on this site that offer excellent advice but my Sony Dav- SB100 cost me £200 and I last seen it on sale in Dixons for £125. Now I have it out-putting surround sound whilst viewing Sky, normal TV, Playstation, oh and my DVD player.

All you have to do mate is connect your Sky digi box to your All in One System using audio leads (red/white) ensure you either have the Sky box switched off, or after you have connected switch your sky box off then back on. My Sony System has a function button so I select video and hey presto surround sound, select TV hey surround sound, and when playstation is being used I guess I select TV aswell but I’ve not tried this yet but worked with my old CRT.

Not bad for a system that cost me £200 and can now be found for £125 :)