1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY DAV db Settings

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by ami, Feb 19, 2002.

1. ami

ami

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    whats the ideal db setting for a sony dav300 (got a FQ75 tv if that matters?), the room is about 16 feet long by 11 feet wide with the system in the top right corner, the speakers are set accordingly in each corner and have set the distance each speaker is in the DVD settings

at the moment it is set on default 0db, just wondering whether i would get better sound representation with another setting,

i have T2 and Phatom Menace on DVD and the sound is not dynamic as i expect (i use auto format decode when playing DTS or DD with the label appearing showing DTS or DD), (dont use any of the cinema or hall settings) apart from the sub woofer doing its thing when required

is it im expecting too much?

2. Harj

Harj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Hi ami

My dad has the DAV system, i set the speaker values till i was happy with them (and him), its all a personal taste into the levels, and te layout of your room. Tinker until you like, just remember the centre speaker is locking the on screen dialogue so don't drown it out.

The auto format does not matter, and all the other 'virtual and hall' settings are just gimmicks in my opinion.

A little tip, whack up the speakers to full db level then adjust from there on, also dont forget (if you havn't already done so) to set your speaker distance from listenning positon.