1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DAV-D150 owners

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by apt@mac.com, Jan 10, 2005.

1. apt@mac.com

apt@mac.com

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

I'm in the process of buying a Sony SAV-D150 and was wondering if any owners of this system can give me their opinions on it.

I've tried to hunt down a review on it but can onlt find a very small one.

Adrian :lease:

2. lodx

lodx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whatever you do do not buy this system,I had one and it was terrible at playing rented discs,the slightest scratch and the player will lock.I even had the lens replaced,all to no avail.I have now decided to sell it on ebay for parts!
    I have puchased a Panasonic SC HT-1500 dvd recorder all in one multiregion and I am over the moon with it.More (£600-700) expensive but you get what you pay for.Sony are SO overated.
    Also you will not get a multi-region one.The Panasonic SCHT870 is a good system if you do not want a recorder.Make sure though whatever system you get you choose to have it multi-regional as it saves a fortune on dvds.

3. apt@mac.com

apt@mac.com

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply but £600 - £700 for a different system is a little out of my price range... Maybe you just got a bad system. When it DID work fine was it any good, sound, vision, features etc?

Does anyone else have any experiences with the DAV-D150

Regards

Adrian

4. lodx

lodx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It may be I had a duff system but I have spoken to many on this forum about Sony dvds and the read errors see: http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=114

Panasonic have cheaper end systems as well.(I don't want to sound like I am their P.R!).
    Good luck with whatever system you choose,but in my opinion Sonys competitors have now more than caught up with them,they have overtaken them.
    The system I had had good visuals as expected from Sony but I felt a little let down by the sound which I found a mite tinny.The set up could have been easier.A plus was the simple remote control and menus.
    If I had not had the problems I did I would give it a 7/10.
    Hope that helps a bit.
    Lloyd

5. lodx

lodx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. lodx

lodx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. apt@mac.com

apt@mac.com

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One of the main reasons for going for the DAV-D150 is the combined DVD and VCR system plus the <£250 price bracket. I've had Sony for a number of years and apart from a bust speaker in our TV never had any problems. I spose the ammount of products that a manufactuary as big as Sony produces you are bound to get a few dodgy units.

apt