1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony "Dav 800/800" speaker connections question

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by doink, Jun 6, 2004.

1. doink

doink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been offered the speakers from the above all in one systems...

I am sure these have passive subwoofers, but would like to connect these speakers up to a regular AV amp,

Does the DAV main unit have amplified seperate outputs for each channel... or is there a single connection to the sub and from there out to all the sattelite speakers?

Any help appreciated as i have no experiance whatsoever with all-in-one type setups.

2. ns1col

ns1col

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have the 888 model and there is a seperate connection for each speaker and the subwoofer is powered. I think the 800 has the same but the subwoofer is passive. The speaker cable's have a plastic connection that fit's into the main unit, but this won't matter if you're using another amp.

:)

3. Whistler

Whistler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i have the above system and the speakers connections are seperate but the sub is passive.I'm using the speakers on a jvc allin one due to the sony unit going tits up i had to buy an active sub for the new unit but all in all sounds great.