1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DAV 550

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by dalmaz, Sep 4, 2003.

1. dalmaz

dalmaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am on the lookout for an all-in-one system. I saw an advert in the papers today for a deal Currys are doing with the Sony DAV550 for £299. I have looked at the magazine reviews and it looks okay. This must be good value for money - was its rrp £600? Can anybody help? Cheers. This is my first post, hopefully you will get this.

2. duncs

duncs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my DAV550 11 or so months ago for £540. It was my first foray in to AV. I have been very pleased with the system all in all. The sound is good quality and suits a small (12ft by 12ft) room.

If your room is much larger than that (15ft+) I would recomend you went for a more powerful system.

The only issue I realy have with it is that there is no Scart RGB out put although you do have S video and Componant.

But definately good value for money at that price IMHO

3. dalmaz

dalmaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, Duncs. My room is about 15 x 9, so it may do. Are you happy with the sound, especially the bass? Let me know, cheers.

4. DDDavo

DDDavo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I've started a thread asking about picture quality and bass from the DAVs 550. One thing i was told, was eventhough it was a 100 watt sub, bass was lacking when playing music, but faired OK in films. I have been told to place it against a wall (i dont have one yet though) to re-inforce the bass.

Thanks

PS. The price £299 from currys is instore right? If you'd consider buying online, try www.indigo-av.co.uk

There based in scotland (im from England) but i was directed there and they are selling the DAVs 550 for £250!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLUS £8 delivery, but still!!!!

Try it! (or have a look! ITS a REAL bargain!)

5. dalmaz

dalmaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers DDavo, the price gets better all the time!

6. dalmaz

dalmaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Sorry, not enough Ds!