Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sony DAV 550

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by dalmaz, Sep 4, 2003.

1. dalmaz

dalmaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am on the lookout for an all-in-one system. I saw an advert in the papers today for a deal Currys are doing with the Sony DAV550 for £299. I have looked at the magazine reviews and it looks okay. This must be good value for money - was its rrp £600? Can anybody help? Cheers. This is my first post, hopefully you will get this.

2. duncs

duncs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my DAV550 11 or so months ago for £540. It was my first foray in to AV. I have been very pleased with the system all in all. The sound is good quality and suits a small (12ft by 12ft) room.

If your room is much larger than that (15ft+) I would recomend you went for a more powerful system.

The only issue I realy have with it is that there is no Scart RGB out put although you do have S video and Componant.

But definately good value for money at that price IMHO

3. dalmaz

dalmaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, Duncs. My room is about 15 x 9, so it may do. Are you happy with the sound, especially the bass? Let me know, cheers.

4. DDDavo

DDDavo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I've started a thread asking about picture quality and bass from the DAVs 550. One thing i was told, was eventhough it was a 100 watt sub, bass was lacking when playing music, but faired OK in films. I have been told to place it against a wall (i dont have one yet though) to re-inforce the bass.

Thanks

PS. The price £299 from currys is instore right? If you'd consider buying online, try www.indigo-av.co.uk

There based in scotland (im from England) but i was directed there and they are selling the DAVs 550 for £250!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLUS £8 delivery, but still!!!!

Try it! (or have a look! ITS a REAL bargain!)

5. dalmaz

dalmaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers DDavo, the price gets better all the time!

6. dalmaz

dalmaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Sorry, not enough Ds!