1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DAR-RD100

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by seageri, Sep 1, 2005.

1. seageri

seageri
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought one of these from the Sony Centre to go with a new KDL S 32 LCD tv.

I have it all connected up using SCART. (one from sky to AV1, one from sky to lne3 on rcorder and one from recorder to AV2 on the TV). I have set the Sky box to widescreen and RGB over scart.

Now I get great pictures direct from the Sky box, but poor quality if I record off the SKy box or view the Sky picture through the recorder (which would be the easiest way tos et video and audio to the same source).

I think this kit is new, so not sure if anyone has any idea on things I might have done wrong?

Would I be better off with component connections? I was a little worried about this progressive scan format. The recorder manual says it is 625p and also says that some HD TVs may not like this format. The TV manual refers to signals input on this channel as being 576p. OK I admit to being well confused, but I feel I must be doing something wrong (or can get something better) to improve the quality of the picture that I am recording.

Any advice gratefully received..)

Ian

2. ianrsutherland

ianrsutherland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Ian - like you I am having an identical problem with my DAR rd100 and sky. I will have only just got mine so if I get anywhere I'll let you know.

I also have a more pressing problem - Sony have supplied the wrong remote with the system and have failed to send the correct one in replacement - they are now saying that they need me to supply the correct part number!!!

Can you supply me with the number on the front bottom of your remote so I can get the correct one from Sony.

This may sound odd but the remote I have does not have amp/dvd switch at the top but tv/dvd instead, hence I can't mange the surround sound or use the radio reciever!

Thanks for any help you can give.

Ian