Sony DA5200es HDMI Switching Problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by RossDublin, Feb 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RossDublin

RossDublin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Guys,

It's been some time since I posted. Once again I am looking for your help!

I have a Sony DA5200es amp connected to my Pioneer screen by HDMI. I have a PS3 connected to the amp by HDMI and last night I connected up my new Popcorn Hour, again by HDMI.

I am now having the same issue with the PCH as I have from time to time with the PS3 and I am hoping you can help me.

Basically sometimes when I switch the amp to the HDMI Input 3 (to which my PS3 is connected) the amp does not appear to get the signal from the PS3. This is obvious as the PS3 doesn’t appear on screen and also as the images of the surround sound speakers are not displayed on the amp. It just appears that nothing is being passed to the amp or, if it is, it isn’t being handled correctly.

When this happens I have found no set way to fix it, I simply turn on and off the components and try again – it might work straight away or it might take a couple of tries. It’s a strange one.

Anyway, I am now having the same issue with the Popcorn Hour – its signal appears to be passed through intermittently.

I would really appreciate any help on this issue.

Thanks,

Ross

2. RossDublin

RossDublin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Guys,

I noticed something else last night that might help in solving this problem.

When I switch to my PS3 HDMI channel and I get picture and sound to the TV theDA5200es is displaying Linear PCM [48 KHz]. However, when I switch to the PS3 HDMI channel and no picture or sound come on the amp displays Pro Logic II Game.

Is this significant? It appears complete chance if it comes on or not.

Any inputs welcome - it's a pesky problem.

Thanks,

Ross