SONY DA1200ES problem with sound output please help

S

shabu187

hi everyone

please help i got an Sony DA1200es is been running smooth till last 3 month. The sound output just cut off out of nowhere and if i change type of sound output (example 2 chanel to 5 chanel or from cinema to pro logic , music to mivie etc...) the sound came back on but then cut off after a while. i try Changing the optical cable but no good.

davepuma

Distinguished Member
The first thing I would do would be to disconnect everything, then connect each speaker in turn, re-twisting the speaker cables to ensure that no stray wires could be causing a short, then each source and try and identify if one of these is causing the problem. I presume you have used another optical input on the amp? Is the amp well ventilated?

S

shabu187

i've try all of the above and the amp is well ventilated still no good. The problem is .It does not happen everytime so i cant narrow down to what is the cause but it more likely to be the amp as to all the output source is fine(tv, Foxtel ,dvd).

AV setup: SONY DA1200es / ps3 / pioneer PDP-504HDG / foxtel IQ /

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom