1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony D50QM brightness control not responding

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Kenneth.Hoiland, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Kenneth.Hoiland

Kenneth.Hoiland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I just bought a used D50 with 2700 hrs on it. It works fine, but the brightness controll does not do anything. The numbers change but the PQ stays the same. Contrast works fine.

Anyone know what causes this? Any ideas how I can fix it? :lease:

Kenneth

2. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Kenneth, are you trying to turn the brightness up or down? Have you looked at the Bias and Gain settings to see if they're max'd out?

3. Kenneth.Hoiland

Kenneth.Hoiland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying both :)

No response on PQ up or down. Bias at 99, 99 and 129. Gain at 100, 189 and 189 Color temp 6500

Kenneth

4. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Kenneth, shame you're in Glasgow I have carried out quite a lot of work on my D50's (myself and a buddy bought three and re-tubed and repaired two using the third for some spares). Are you technical? There's a web address with a full set of online technical manuals I can hunt it down if that's any help. I'll have a look through the circuit diagrams and see if I can identify a likely culprit. You may want to try calling one of the guys who advertise rebuilt D50s (crtprojectors.co.uk, etc) who may have encountered this problem already or have an idea which board may be causing the problem, (they may have spare boards for you to try, which is probably the quickest approach). In the meantime, it may be worth just having a careful look under the covers to see if any connectors have come loose. The main PCBs have a lot of smaller PCBs plugged into them (and a load of connector plugs). Sorry I can't be of more help - good luck.

5. Kenneth.Hoiland

Kenneth.Hoiland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi klr10

I have found a thread on AVSForum that describes the same fault. I PM'd a Techman107 on the board and he says it is something with the PA board if that sounds likely to you. I also emailed crtprojectors. But they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Unfortunately I am no longer in the UK. I moved back to Norway, and I am now residing in Stavanger. Just forgot to change my location.

Kenneth