Sony D3000 poor picture

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by MJG69, Sep 14, 2007.

1. MJG69

MJG69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help please!!!!

Purchased a sony d3000 and set it up yesterday. Everything great except for the blurring of picture whenever the camera pans left or right and this seems to be worse on darker pictures has anyone else experienced this and are there any setting i can change to fix this?

2. Torment74

Torment74
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello, I have the 40" D3000 and have no problems at all. You could try messing with the 100hz settings. I think alot of factors come into play such as what sourse this problem effects and the way you have your settings.

3. MJG69

MJG69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thx for the reply it doesn't actually blur it just looks as though you are watching through a cage but only when panning!!!! Tried playing with the motionflow settings bu no change!! Saw on another forum that someone else had the same prob but cant find it again.

4. jwindley

jwindley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I've seen some weird things with the settings on my 40D3000. You may want to change the picture mode you are using, as I've found on my set that changing MotionFlow settings while watching motor racing with the TV on "Standard" made no difference to fast panning backgrounds, while there was a visible difference when on "Cinema".

The owners manual doesn't seem to have any info on any of this. Are there any experts that can explain?
    There are a lot of settings e.g. film mode Auto1 / Auto2 that aren't explained. I've spotted some glitches in vertically scrolling text with these modes enabled, that are removed when film mode "Off" is selected.

Is it possible someone on the board knows what all these settings do?