• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony D3000 and scart control on STB issue

DavidT

Prominent Member
I want to stop my D3000 automatically switching to the cable STB scart when I either turn the TV on or turn the STB on. This should be easy, just go to the STB setup and turn off "AV SCART CONTROL", but when I do this I get cable 16:9 format channels randomly flicking between 16:9 and 4:3. Any ideas why this is happening? I have auto format set to "on" and 4:3 default set to "4:3".

Thanks

David

AndyCob

Prominent Member
With scart control set to off the satelite box does not send the aspect ratio switch signal down the scart. This means the aspect ratio is being determined by your display. while I can't speak for your specific display most have the option to either specify a fixed aspect ratio or be controlled by the scart or choose their own based on the input. Since your display is randomly changing aspect ratios I would assume your display is trying to guess the correct aspect ratio in the absence of the scart aspect switch signal. The problem is as far as I know most of these display guess the ratio modes aren't very reliable, I think there are lots of different ways they work between manufacturers such as looking for large parts of black screen top and bottom etc and they are not that good. If you want to avoid the random switching you will either have to do your aspect control manually or turn scart control back on.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom