1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony cybershot DSC V1

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Ivor_Monkey, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Ivor_Monkey

Ivor_Monkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen a few good reviews of V!.
    Has anyone got any experience of using one? Also suggestions for best price it is available, including decent size memory card/stick would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. captain chunk

captain chunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    visit www.sonycams.com , the v1 is still quite new but they have some real world sample images and a few topics on it

hth

chunk

3. jc1

jc1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just come back off my hols (Boo Hoo), i can honestly say (after owning a Fuji) this camera performed like a dream, the autofocus worked faultlessly & now i've viewed the images on my PC (& took a few prints) i must say i am totally blown away with the richness of the colours & how accurate & noise free the pics are without any after manipulation.

I too shopped around & after much deliberation opped for the Sony, the only down side for me was sometimes in akward lighting some pics turned out poor quality.

Even though the battery life isn't too good i found it no problem to recharge the camera at some point ready for the next shots.

Fully recommended A++++++++++++

4. Ivor_Monkey

Ivor_Monkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jc1
    Thanks for sharing that with us. I certainly like the look, spec and size of the scamera. But I have two questions.

1) did you find the lackof contours (for grip) on the camera body a problem when trying to hold the camera steady?
    2) did you come across any good deals such as camera plus memory stick or sofware?

thanks again

Somehow I think I may be owning this camera this weekend.

5. jc1

jc1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

As this was only my 2nd camera, i found the grip no problem at all.

I did as per other peoples comments sometimes keep my thumb over the flash, & hence some photos came out very dark.

I soon overcame this problem & again my only gripe was some poor dark scenes.

I actually ordered mine from www.pixmania.com, they had the best deal with a 2 year guarantee, but after a week of waiting & many promises of a delivery date cancelled the order & just bought one off the web. Ebay is probably your best bet but i was in a desperate rush to get one for my impounding hols.
    As for software (at the moment) i just use the windows XP default programme, the Sony one doesn't do a lot for me to be honest.
    I took 2 x 128 mb sticks away & filled them both (just). I set my camera to the 3.1mp setting as i couldn't anticipate needing the 5.0mp setting.

6. Ivor_Monkey

Ivor_Monkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks.