sony cx860

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by grahamricho, Jan 3, 2002.

1. grahamricho

grahamricho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    any owners out there?how long does it take to change a disc?also what can be done with a pronto remote,to label each disc on the remote,how much memory would it take up if possible?also any good or bad points about the sony cx 860? thanks

2. geezajob

geezajob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I have a CX860, previously owned a CX850D

It takes around 30 seconds to change a disc.

It also has a useful FLIP function so you can flip a disc.

RemoteCentral.com has loads of setups for the Pronto, so no worried there.

For labelling discs on the Pronto, personally, I don't recommend it.. well, I get new discs every day practically (up to 250 discs) and it'd be more trouble than it's worth to keep updating the Pronto when the machine itself automatically indexes the discs.

Good points ?

Well, it carries 301 discs.. once you've had a changer like this, there's no going back. It's just so convenient.

It has component outputs

You can bookmark several favourite scenes. eg. you could bookmark the Pod Racer scene from Star Wars Epi 1 if you use that to demonstrate your system. Saves you scrabbling around through your collection.

Bad Points ?

It doesn't have a dolby decoder onboard (like the 850D does, hence the "D").. but if you have a good amp, that's not a problem

Sometimes it puts the discs back in the wrong slot.. and you "lose" a disc.. very annoying.