1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY CX560 200 DISC DVD PLAYER

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by TJSMANGINA, Jun 13, 2001.

1. TJSMANGINA

TJSMANGINA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i need it i want it im just so lazy lol.can anyone give me the pro`s an con`s of this or the newer version please help.i read the review but i find some reviews leave the little things out lol.thanks in advance 2 anyone who replys :p

2. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a CX850D 200 disc player, I beleive the new version is the 300 disc CX860.

The menu system is slow, but I use a Pronto to get over that, I am very happy with it. I have read that the 300 disc version has some problems.

3. TJSMANGINA

TJSMANGINA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    CHEERS MATE IM AFTER THE 200 DISC MODEL NOW LOL.WHERE DID YOU READ ABOUT THE PROBS WITH THE 300 DISC ONE AN CAN U REMEMBER THEM,ANYWAY THANKS FOR THE HELP I APPRECIATE IT.OH HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD YOURS FOR

4. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I read about the 300 disc model here, set the search box to look at all topics for the last 100 days or so.

I have had my player for well over a year.

5. ian_guinan

ian_guinan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    If you're into the idea of multi disc players how about the new players from Kenwood in the US. Progressive scan, internet links for track listings and possible cover scans etc etc. See this link on AVS Forum for more information;
    New Kenwood DVD Players
    I could even get a bit lazy for one of these...

Ian Guinan

[ 14-06-2001: Message edited by: guinan ]

6. TJSMANGINA

TJSMANGINA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for your help everyone,an thanks i will check out those kenwood players

7. Watto

Watto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As a very lazy person indeed :D I too have been looking at one of these monster changing players.

Does anyone know if either of these machines can change disc sides (I assume that at least the older 850 can't?), with dual layer double sided discs starting to become more common for special editions.

I'd like to load one of these up and never touch the discs again, changing sides would seem to defeat the point (yes I am THAT lazy!) so I'd probably wait for a newer update of this range.

Also, is the 860 updated in any way other than in looks and disc size? (ie is it based on an x35 model compared to an x25)

Any help appreciated, thanks