Sony cutting PS2 price to £95

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sony have cut the price by £10 (not much but it may mean something to someone!) Click here for the news.

They've also announced a pink PS2!

why would anybody want one now though?, yeh they have a large back catalogue,

but the wise money would be to wait and buy a ps3 or buy a xbox 360 now

Perfect time to buy. Got the Ps2 for 80 quid, and get get games for 5/6 quid.

Something to play with right :/

to be fair, i thought about what i posted earlier, i brought a dreamcast about a year after they were stopped being made, and had a good game collection for it (all cost less than a tenner per game (most about a fiver)) and up till the end of last year i still used it!

ADENCOOL said:

I think you have answered your own question there. The choice of games available for the PS2 is far superior to what is currently available for the 360 and for what will be available for the PS3 when it launches and it is far cheaper. Also the console still has some big titles to come so its far from dead yet.

It would be money well spent to me.:)

ADENCOOL said:

For three or four times the price, and with not even close to the amount of games? Yeah, well sensible that one.

Goto Morrisons to get one. We've just droped the price to £87 plus if you know someone who works there they can use their discount and get another £11 off!

Stimpy100 said:
It would be money well spent to me.:)

I agree, I've had the console since launch, however many people often cannot afford to buy at launch. At this point in its lifecycle, not only is the hardware cheaper, it also has a fantastic back catalogue. A must-have console imo.

Well, if you get a code for John Lewis or Littlewoods, you can get it delivered for 83 quid.

I got the black one. plugged it in tonight. I still cannot get over how tiny it is. I mean, its like a small book. A slim, small book. And its silent !
Not like my 360 that sounds like a fekkin hoover when on!!

Just won 2 lots of Jak and Dexter on Ebay for 5 and 6 quid respectively.
Can't go wrong :) I might even take it on vacation to play DVD's its so tiny.
And at 80 quid I could stand loosing it, unlike taking my notebook that costs alot more than that :)

If I had a fat PS2 right now, Id sell it and a game on ebay, and get the slim one, its just a marvel .. a marvel I say :) xxx :)

Well I've been thinking of buying a slim one for a while now, my little cousin is after a PS2 so I may give him the fat one and buy a sexy one for myself! :p

Thanks for the JL heads-up, that is very tempting!

Get a voucher code, that gives you a discount.
Quidco, hotdealsuk, and the AV forum Gaming Bargains have them all.

Search for mother and baby, there is a mother and baby code that works :/

I just bought a ps2 for the third time...Personally I think from a hardware point of view its exceptionally poor and graphics wise its easily the worst compared to the xbox (Available with 4 games for £50) and the gamecube (Also available for give away money).

However there are still loads of exclusive titles you cant get anywhere else. Why did I buy this one ? My wife wanted sing star rock and the buzz game for the Christmas partys....

You cant get these games on any other format and I am unsure if the special usb game attachments will work on the ps3 (Maybe someone can answer this ?)

In any event the ps3 isnt available over here yet and a new slim ps2 with the buzz game and 4 contrtollers and sing star rocks with mics and game came to £137 from argos. Thats very cheap and loads of fun in there for the whole family over christmas.

Extra sony controller and 16 meg memory card on ebay for £18 delivered. I also got second hand copies of Resident Evil 4, Gods of War and Metal Gear Solid 3 for less than £20 inc delivery.

These are all games that I have missed (Unbelievably) and are meant to be must play titles.

Cheap money in my opinion at these sort of prices and that is comming from a non sony / ps2 gamer

You cant get these games on any other format and I am unsure if the special usb game attachments will work on the ps3 (Maybe someone can answer this ?)

This is something I would like to know the answer too. I really hope I can use my Guitar Hero peripheral on the PS3! You are right though, the PS2 is just a must have console imo - there are just too many good games for it!

It was an amazing deal Argos were doing a few weeks back. I think it's finished now.

It is - great deal. I wish they would do something similar with the slimline PS2 - I'd happily buy another at that price!

It is - great deal. I wish they would do something similar with the slimline PS2 - I'd happily buy another at that price!

Doubtful. The system is still very much in demand and is still selling shed-loads at it's current price...

Obviously Argos wanted shot of the old & unloved Xboxes...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom