• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony CRT H position

B1gbeard

Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience with adjusting settings in the service menu of a Sony 21" Trinitron? I can get to the menu and find the setting to change but cannot change it.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Has anyone had any experience with adjusting settings in the service menu of a Sony 21" Trinitron?

It would help us to help you if you include the model no (taken from the rear label on the set)...All Sony TVs are "Trinitrons" and there are hundreds of different models fitted with dozens of different chassis.

B1gbeard

The one that came with it is RM836. I also have an RM839 from another set which has an OK button I've noticed whereas the 836 doesn't.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I can get into the menu, then select ADJUST. I can't change any values from there though.

Once you're in the "ADJUST" menu...

Press the Blue (next) or Green (previous) button to select the item from the table...in your case "H, Centre" and the Yellow (+) or Red (-) to change its value.
Power off to store.

B1gbeard

Thanks again for all of your help. The solution is still eluding me though.

The yellow and red buttons do nothing. No change to the value. Weird. I tried the 839 remote as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom