Sony connecting problem

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by rcan58, Dec 28, 2006.

1. rcan58

rcan58
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi had my Sony 40W2000 for three weeks now, very please with it over all after adjusting picture setting. Just have one problem Tv is about 10 meters away from home cinema kit so have to run long cables to set. All my kit goes into a Denon AVR3801 receiver by s video cables and than out to Tv by s video. On watching dvds picture is ok but on sky I have got a colour shift not so noticeable on normal viewing but it is there on the menu which is a colour shadow to the left of the letters and boxes.
    I think this is a connecting problem don’t want to run too many scarts as have to hide cables. Thinking of one scart from Sky + or could I use the component out from the Denon to the Tv with all other kit going into denon in by s video any help please.

2. chrise

chrise

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    You are certainly not getting the best out of your TV. Assuming you cannot reduce the cable run you certainly should see an improvement on DVD by using component. As Sky cannot output component you either will be stuck with s video out from that and then using the Denon to transcode to component (if that amp can do that) or better buya RGB to component convertor (good ones cost around £80) and use component in and out of the Denon. It won't be cheap as the 10 metre component lead will have to be of very good quality to make the switch worthwhile.

3. silas184

silas184

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I agree, with my 40W hung on wall I needed 5m cables and was initially disappointed with my telewest pic using scart cables (cheapies) but saw a massive improvement as soon as I used HDMI cable.
    All my slight intereference and banding immediately disappeared.
    Bought a new DVD player with HDMI connector as well, although the difference between component and HDMI connections was difficult to see.
    My recommendation would be to ditch the scart connections if you can.

4. AiEri

AiEri

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    how do i get the sound from my laptop to my sony tv (26"U2000).
    atm my laptop is connected to tv by vga.
    the only sound output i hav (on laptop) is by the headphones jack - which i hav tried connected to pc sound slot at the back of tv...but doesnt work:(

please help...thx

5. chrise

chrise

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    There is a 3.5mm jack socket below the VGA connecter on the w series. Connect a lead from your laptop headphone socket to that. If you tried that before go into the volume properties on the laptop and ensure mute is not ticked.

6. AiEri

AiEri

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    yep thats what i tried...however, i stick in some headphones and i hear sound.
    when pluged into tv...theres no sound from speakers.

is there any settings or anything i hav to do to the tv?
    is the vga AV5 channel correct?