Sony CONNECT

scottydog

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Sony's music download site CONNECT is running a survey looking for opinions of their service. The link is on the CONNECT site. Two free downloads for those who respond and, naturally, register with them.

Seems they may be interested in making a monthly subscription rather than a charge per track.

Thanks for heads up. Only filled it in to get free downloads

Shame no 'additional comments' section - I would have typed an essay out to let them know how I feel!

Hmmm ... so there really is no such thing as a free lunch.

Thought you might like to read the following: an email just sent to Sony Connect by yours truly:

Dear Sony Connect

I write to express my extreme displeasure with your service.

In recent months, I have had to create no less than THREE separate user accounts – one for each time I have bought music from Connect. Why? Because every time I return to the Connect site via SonicStage 3.2, I am informed that, ‘Sorry, combination of username and password could not be found. Please check and try again.’ This is despite my requesting reminders for my passwords, and using the temporary passwords emailed to me – whereupon I get, ‘Sorry, your user account is not valid for this software license and this computer.’

Therefore, I am unable to take advantage of the voucher you sent me. I am also now avowed NEVER to try to use your service again!! This is a ridiculous situation that I have encountered with NO OTHER MUSIC DOWNLOAD SERVICE!

Small wonder that iTunes Music Store has 82% of the global download market.

Yours disappointedly

... etc ...

Same here. Typed in every alias I use online, until the damn thing finally said my username is my email :rolleyes: :clap:

They sent me another voucher code!

Yay! 4 free downloads

Its 'cos I'm such a nice guy :cool:

I got two vouchers automatically ... dunno how. Can't use either, yet. They're trying to fix my many accounts ... including one that has absolutely nothing to do with me!

Whats the code?

I'll download songs on your behalf :D

I've had the same problem with connect. Can you only use one account on one PC?

Two more irratations with connect to add to the thread.

Annoyance 1
Even though I know my user name and password connect won't let me in as I just re-formatted my hard drive. All I get now is a message saying
'Sorry, your user account is not valid for this software license and this computer.'
Annoyance 2
Logging a fault, like above on the connect site. You get to the end of the form and the damn thing tells you, you must use Internet explorer.....WHY!!!!
I use Mozilla Firefox...I don't want to use IE :mad:

'Sorry, your user account is not valid for this software license and this computer.'
I got this too. Too bad.

I've never actually used Connect, I forgot it was there. Now I can see why.

I had this response from Sony:

Due to legal rights it is currently possible to use one user account with only one computer because your account "melts" with your computer ID. Even if you make a software update or changes to your computer it might be possible that you are not able to log in anymore.

Therefore we have deleted your computer ID association and now you should be able to login with your current user name via your computer. We would also suggest that you check that you do not have any registry cleaning software that is removing registry entries from the Sony Corporation directory within your registry.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.

Kind regards,

The CONNECT Team

Proof, if proof were needed, that Sony have got online music sales horribly wrong. I never had this kind of crap with MSN Music UK ... ho hum.

shadowritten said:
I had this response from Sony:

Due to legal rights it is currently possible to use one user account with only one computer because your account "melts" with your computer ID. Even if you make a software update or changes to your computer it might be possible that you are not able to log in anymore.

Therefore we have deleted your computer ID association and now you should be able to login with your current user name via your computer. We would also suggest that you check that you do not have any registry cleaning software that is removing registry entries from the Sony Corporation directory within your registry.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.

Kind regards,

The CONNECT Team

Proof, if proof were needed, that Sony have got online music sales horribly wrong. I never had this kind of crap with MSN Music UK ... ho hum.

Interesting that Sony reckon a Software Upgrade could mess up your access to their Connect Music Store. Let's see my NW-HD3 came bundled with SonicStage 2.3, in order to access Connect I had to upgrade to 3.1. :oops:

To be honest, they don't know their backsides from their elbows half the time ...

It won't let me authorize my HD3 as it takes me to the US connect but i heard to fix it you have to unistall everything including the registry. So if its true what sony said i would have to start all over again?

I'm currently pursuing Sony Connect for compensation. If you read my posts above, you'll see that I had to get them to delete my duplicate accounts (created because alterations to my PC software environment rendered my original account useless). Since they have deleted these accounts, I have been unable to playback purchased music on my PC - though it still plays on my HD5H, but won't transfer back! This has infuriated me to the point where I've written a very strongly worded email to them demanding reimbursement in one form or another. I mentioned that I felt extremely resentful that I'm being treated like a criminal by their laughable DRM system.

I'll let you know the outcome in due course ...

shadow'
now i have the same problem as you and my 2 free downloads still haven't come and i think its the end of the promotion.
How to i go about contacting them?

Enjoying my 4 free downloads...(yes they sent me 2 emails the incomeptent [expletive] Sorry!

just got an email (thursday late evening) giving me my 2 free downloads (at least a week after filling in the poxy survey), and i have until midnight on friday to download them. i am accessing my emails remotely and won't be back at home pc til sunday.

GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Calza said:
shadow'
now i have the same problem as you and my 2 free downloads still haven't come and i think its the end of the promotion.
How to i go about contacting them?

Sorry - should've answered this ages ago!

My download vouchers came through by email in the end: 4 of them, like LFC! And when I complained about the Connect Service invalidating previous downloads after changes were made to my PC, I got sent two more vouchers ... each one entitling me to a WHOLE ALBUM! So I made sure I downloaded an abum with as many tracks as possible; U2's Best Of 1980-1990 was one of my two choices, because the idiots at Connect had bundled the B Sides album into the same download; so I got 30 tracks!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom