Sony confirms: 'no plans' to bring 4K content to its UK and European Ultra HD TVs

Steve Withers

Reviewer
I've compared 1080p and 4K content on a Panasonic 20" monitor, the 65" Sony X9005, the 84" LG LM9600 and a 10' screen with the Sony VW1000 and the increased resolution of 4K has always been apparent to me.

sammy the squid

Distinguished Member
I've compared 1080p and 4K content on a Panasonic 20" monitor, the 65" Sony X9005, the 84" LG LM9600 and a 10' screen with the Sony VW1000 and the increased resolution of 4K has always been apparent to me.

Not everyone has a keen eye like we do steve:smashin:

Asif

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
Not everyone has a keen eye like we do steve:smashin:

Asif

Really. Well some of us have been doing it for 20 years and what I say is that you are delusional if you think 4k is going to make any impact with the consumer. And even that would be pristine truly native 4k material , not the sort of upscaled badly mastered bilge that the public will get.

sammy the squid

Distinguished Member
Really. Well some of us have been doing it for 20 years and what I say is that you are delusional if you think 4k is going to make any impact with the consumer. And even that would be pristine truly native 4k material , not the sort of upscaled badly mastered bilge that the public will get.

What have you been doing for 20 years? Delusional? Are you making it personal? Because if you are, I'm quite happy to oblige.

Whatever you've been doing for 20 years, you perhaps need to stop, get outside and get some fresh air. And get to specs savers whilst you're at it.

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
What have you been doing for 20 years? Delusional? Are you making it personal? Because if you are, I'm quite happy to oblige.

Whatever you've been doing for 20 years, you perhaps need to stop, get outside and get some fresh air. And get to specs savers whilst you're at it.

That would be 20 years of looking at 4k. (and making it)

And the only person making this personal is you. So kindly stop it and continue enjoying the emporer's new clothes that you so desperately want the consumer to waste their money on.

sammy the squid

Distinguished Member
That would be 20 years of looking at 4k. (and making it)

And the only person making this personal is you. So kindly stop it and continue enjoying the emporer's new clothes that you so desperately want the consumer to waste their money on.

Most of us mere mortals havnt been in the position of looking at 4k or making it for 20 years. But the show must go on. Wether its 3d, 4k or whatever else is proposed and released for the domestic environment. I've only had the benefit of seeing 1080p upscaled as yet and to my eyes i prefer that image on my system and it has bought other benefits to. Im enthusiastic about how native 4k would look on my system.

People have the freedom and choice as to how they spend there money and decide if the increase in resolution (and other factors) will benefit there system. Granted it wont be for everyone (i have friends that still purchase and watch movies on dvd) but Its not for me or you to decide. Let people make there own minds up. You seem a very bitter person.

Last edited:

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
Most of us mere mortals havnt been in the position of looking at 4k or making it for 20 years. But the show must go on. Wether its 3d, 4k or whatever else is proposed and released for the domestic environment. I've only had the benefit of seeing 1080p upscaled as yet and to my eyes i prefer that image on my system and it has bought other benefits to. Im enthusiastic about how native 4k would look on my system.

So you don't have any familiarity with 4k.

You seem a very bitter person.

So you are actually making this personal. What a curious creature you are.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom