Distinguished Member
Saw this on Twitter:

Attachments

• 1604587139956.png
    1604587139956.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 13

Spiderpig

Distinguished Member
It says "no units will be available in-store", so don't bother waiting outside your local Game store overnight. I guess there's a good possibility that there won't be any available on-line on launch day (or even for a few days/weeks afterwards).

MaryWhitehouse

Spiderpig

Distinguished Member
Same goes for worldwide, regardless of any local COVID restrictions.

jdevil

Distinguished Member
Obviously it's the lack of consoles available as Argos allows click and collect etc;
I wouldn't expect any more PS5 consoles till March 2021.

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
Obviously it's the lack of consoles available as Argos allows click and collect etc;
It wouldn't be that long I doubt. Other side of Xmas wouldn't surprise me though.

Miss Mandy

It's not to do with stock, it's about covid. You can still buy from the likes of Argos and Game, but they have to be ordered online rather than purchased in store. Click and collect is still fine.
The PS4 was supposedly sold out before launch day, but I know two people that were able to get them on launch day without a pre-order so I'm sure there'll be some stock of PS5. It won't be many, but I expect the bigger retailers will get some.

FevreDream

Carl80

What time do they normally become available online on launch day, after midnight on the day or later in the morning that day ? So far I’ve read John Lewis and curry’s online on the 19/11.

Last edited:

zt1903

Distinguished Member
It's not to do with stock, it's about covid. You can still buy from the likes of Argos and Game, but they have to be ordered online rather than purchased in store. Click and collect is still fine.
The PS4 was supposedly sold out before launch day, but I know two people that were able to get them on launch day without a pre-order so I'm sure there'll be some stock of PS5. It won't be many, but I expect the bigger retailers will get some.

Nope. This is absolutely about stock. No stores have units to sell, even by click and collect, unless you preordered one.

PS5 is completely sold out unless you get insanely lucky or buy from a scalper.

This state of affairs will continue beyond Christmas.

Miss Mandy

Nope. This is absolutely about stock. No stores have units to sell, even by click and collect, unless you preordered one.

PS5 is completely sold out unless you get insanely lucky or buy from a scalper.

This state of affairs will continue beyond Christmas.

You're right that pre-orders are sold out, but there will be more stock available on launch day and beyond. Its only being sold online though as stores are closed due to lockdown.
It specifically states "we are confirming that all day-of launch sales will be conducted through the online stores of our retail partners" so the post is purely about stopping people going to stores which is because of covid.
As I said there won't be much stock so it'll be really hard to bag one, but there will be some. The Xboxes had both sold out pre-orders, but there have been batches at various online retailers every day this week. It was the same for previous Playstation consoles too; pre-orders sold out, but there was a slow trickle of stock from launch day.

Miss Mandy

They're allowed to open for click and collect only. I think with Game for the Xbox launch customers had to book a timeslot to go and collect their pre-order.

FevreDream

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom